We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and visitors to our website. Our website uses SSL to help protect (encrypt) any data provided using our site.
This privacy statement explains how we collect and use personal information about you in order to provide our services. In particular, we want you to know that we will keep your personal information safe and we will not sell, rent or trade email lists or other personal information with third-party companies or businesses.
Who we are
We are a specialist Digital and Social Media Training Consultancy, providing a wide range of digital and social media workshops, bespoke training, online courses, digital strategy support services and digital marketing consultancy and support.
What personal information we collect
In order to fulfil our services we need to know certain personal information, and in order to continuously improve our services we may collect additional information.
We may collect and process the following personal data:
- Information you provide to enable us to deliver services you have requested, including financial details required for billing and processing payments.
- Your correspondence with us via email, post, phone or other channels, including social media channels and when you respond to our communications, research surveys or requests for information.
- Details you provide when you sign up for or request that we send you, information about our services, including marketing materials.
- Details you provide when you subscribe to our e-learning platform.
- Usage information is collected when you access the e-learning platform as a registered user.
- Details about attending events including the personal information you provide when you sign up for an event.
- Website usage information is collected using cookies and tracking code (ie pixels, beacons). This information may include traffic data, location data, IP address, login data where applicable, browser type and version and other communication data.
We may also receive or collect information about you from other sources, including third parties and publicly available information that help us update and analyse our records, and identify new customers and partners.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, storing your preferences, and generally improving your experience of a website. Cookies make the interaction between you and the website faster and easier. If your browser preferences allow it, you can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when cookies are set.
We also use remarketing tracking cookies and conversion pixels. This means that occasionally you may see an ad from us in search engines or on social media channels as a result from visiting our website.
The analytics and tracking cookies collect website activity, including but not limited to the number of users who visit our website, the date and time of visits, navigation patterns, browser types and versions, access device IP address, login data where applicable, and other communication data.
For more information on cookies and how to restrict or manage them using your browser settings, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
How we use personal data
We may use the information we collect to:
- respond to your enquiries;
- provide you with the services you request or use;
- maintain our list of contacts;
- continuously improve the provision of our services, assess the effectiveness of our events, promotional campaigns and publications, and for business data analysis;
- comply with our legal obligations, and to protect your, our, and others’ rights;
- send you alerts and other updates, marketing communications and other information or materials that may be of interest to you or which you have expressed an interest in receiving.
Where we use your personal information with your consent, for example when you sign up for news and updates, you may withdraw that consent at any time and we will stop using your personal information for the purpose(s) for which consent was given.
How we share personal information
We may have to share personal information we collect with trusted third parties. The information we share shall be no more than required and the third parties’ use of the information shall be limited to the specified purpose for processing as agreed with them.
These trusted third parties include:
- Our team. Our employees and associate consultants are required to keep any personal and business information confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purposes other than to provide our services, to deal with requests which are submitted to us, or for the purposes of facilitating our use of that information in accordance with this policy.
- Third-party service providers engaged by us to perform services on our behalf, such as our e-learning platform partner, IT support provider, web-hosting companies, analytics services, live chat service, email marketing system, cloud accounting system, payment gateways, cloud storage providers, marketing and communications services, event booking services.
- Third party service providers that have engaged us to perform services on their behalfs, such as Government Support Agencies, Service Providers and Consultancy Agencies for which we are associate consultants.
We may publicly share anonymised information that does not reasonably identify you or your organisation, including survey results.
In the event we merge or sell our business or assets, the personal data we collect about you may be transferred to the purchaser of our business or assets.
How we keep information safe
We take data security seriously and have achieved ‘Cyber Essentials’ certification.
This means we have implemented robust measures and procedures to secure personal data and protect it from loss or unauthorised disclosure or damage.
Our website uses SSL to help protect (encrypt) any data provided using our site, for example when submitting information through a web form or subscribing to our e-learning platform. This does not mean we can guarantee the absolute security of your information. We are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to us over networks that we do not control, such as the Internet and wireless networks.
How long we keep the information we collect
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
How to contact us