Social media at the Applecross Inn
Tomorrow, Monday the 24th and Tuesday the 25th of February we will be presenting the DigiTalk and social media workshops organised by Highlands and Islands Enterprise at the famous and charming Applecross Inn in the Scottish Highlands.
There is an informal session at the pub on Monday evening, as follows:
Join us for an informal evening session to find out about the opportunities that Social Media and Tablet Computers can offer your business. Our expert advisor will give a short presentation and then host a lively discussion about the digital hot topics of the day, including:
- How social media can work for business (and still be fun)
- Easy and free ways to interact and engage with customers online
- Why tablet computers are more than just a toy
- What customers expect to see online when they search for your business – they want more than just a website!
As well as enjoying Digitalk, you will also be able to get hands-on with a variety of tablet computers to decide what one is right for you.
The programme for the day:
Intro to Social Media (morning)
Social Media has grown significantly in recent years and has become a vital part of the marketing mix.
This workshop will give you an overview of how you can use sites like Facebook, Twitter and Linked In to interact with your customers to promote and grow your business. As well as practical tips on how to start using Social Media for your business, it will also help answer common questions like:
- What Social Media sites should you be using?
- What kind of Social Media posts get the best response?
- How much time/ money does it take to get started?
- The course includes hands-on experience and laptops will be provided
Developing a Social Media strategy (afternoon)
Do you already use Social Media sites like Facebook, Twitter and Linked In, but want to know how to use them more effectively to promote and grow your business?
This practical and interactive workshop will show you some of the tips and tricks that can make Social Media a business tool (as well as a fun way to engage with your customers!). You will get answers to questions like:
- What is a Social Media strategy and why do you need one?
- How have other people used Social Media to increase awareness and sales?
- How do you measure the success of a Social Media campaign?
Just browsing through the delegate list and delighted to see that it will be another full house with businesses participating from different sectors like; energy, heritage, fishing, education, hospitality, community council and my favourite sector; food & drink! 😉
The Bealach Na Ba road is a historic pass through the mountains of the Applecross peninsula, in Wester Ross in the Scottish Highlands—and the name of a famous twisting, single-track mountain road through the pass and mountains, certainly looking forward to the drive!
Photo by Alan Talbot