How to Create a Facebook Premiere using Creator Studio
Facebook Premiere is a great option if you want to share video content as a live broadcast, without having to go live. In this post we cover what it is and how to create a Facebook Premiere in Creator Studio.
What is Facebook Premiere?
Facebook Premiere is a feature on Facebook that allows you to schedule video content to be published as a live broadcast. The scheduled post appears on your Facebook business page, alerting your audience to your upcoming Premiere and giving them the option to get a reminder. They will then receive a notification 20 minutes before it is due to be broadcast, and again 3 minutes before. A countdown also appears over the image as it gets closer to the time of the broadcast. As with a live video, you’ll be able to see how many people are watching and viewers can interact as they would when watching a live video.
How to schedule a Facebook Premiere
- Go to Creator Studio and click on Upload Video at the top right of the screen and then ‘single video’.
- Choose the video you’d like to Premiere and the Facebook business page.
- Add a title (this will display below the video when it is broadcast) and a description (this is important for telling people why they should watch your video). You can also add tags.
- Click on Thumbnail to customise this. You can add a custom image or choose from one of the auto-generated images, and then click Next. (It’s a good idea to create a custom image with the subject of your video and the date and time, so that it catches attention in news feeds and on your page. We recommend Canva for this).
- In Publishing options choose ‘Premiere’ beside ‘Choose How to Publish Your Post’.
- Choose ‘Schedule’ and enter the date and time.
- Choose where you want your post to appear.
- You can choose a nonprofit or fundraiser if you want to raise money. You can also add to a playlist or series.
- Click ‘Schedule’.
In the video below, Alastair takes you through the steps detailed above on how to schedule the Premiere for your chosen date/time and how to add a custom thumbnail.
Have you used Facebook Premiere? Let us know your thoughts or questions in the comments below.